11th and 12th of October, 2013 (Friday and Saturday)
Public registration 11th of October, from 8:30 to 9:30.
THE MAISON DE L'AMÉRIQUE LATINE
Maison de l'Amérique Latine
217, boulevard Saint-Germain, 75007 Paris, France
Situated in the heart of the 7th arrondissement of Paris, the Maison de l'Amérique Latine offers a prestigious venue for the Urgency of Reading conference.
Getting there :
Metro : Solférino or Rue du Bac
R.E.R. : Musée d’Orsay
Bus : 63, 68, 69, 73, 83, 84, 94
Parking : Bac / Montalembert
REGISTRATION AND PARTICIPANTS
This conference is open to all with a particular focus on relevant experts:
• Information and library specialists (librarians, archivists, engineers, IT specialists, journalists,
• Cultural and educational cooperation programmatic experts (e.g., UNESCO, UNICEF, the
International Federation of Library Associations (IFLA), Open Society Foundation and Bill Gates
• Humanitarian emergency response experts and NGO representatives (e.g., humanitarian NGOs,
• Representatives of international organizations, aid agencies and governments (e.g., UN, UNHCR,
ECHO, USAID, Crisis Centers of Foreign Affairs Ministries);
• Psychosocial experts specialized in support during humanitarian crises.
The conference will be held in both French and English. All sessions will have simultaneous translation.
Registration is free but there are limited places (200 max)
Pre-registration may be completed here or over the phone +33.(0)184.108.40.206.61.
TRANSPORT AND ACCOMMODATION
What is the closest airport ?
Paris has 2 international airports : Orly and Roissy Charles De Gaulle. Both are very well serviced - and are less than 45 minutes from the city centre, by public transport or by taxi.
To/from the airports:
Taxis : 30 to 50 euros
Public Transports (RER or Orlyval) : around 12 euros
Are there hotels with negotiated prices for participants?
No, participants are free to choose their accommodation.
For more information on hotels and other accommodation in Paris, please visit: Office de tourisme de Paris (http://www.parisinfo.com/)